These upcoming events are scheduled at the Church of the Holy Innocents in Manhattan:
1. Feast of St. Michael the Archangel – Tomorrow, Tuesday, September 29, 2015, Holy Innocents will have a Solemn Mass at 6 PM for the Feast of St. Michael the Archangel.
This special Mass is being organized by The NYPD Patrolman’s Fraternity of St. Michael (that usually meets at Holy Innocents).
Light refreshments will be served after the Mass in the parish hall.
2. On Thursday, October 1 (first Thursday of the month), Holy Innocents will have a Sung Mass for Jesus Christ High and Eternal Priest. At the end of the Mass, the Blessed Sacrament will be exposed and prayers for the sanctification of the clergy and for an increase in vocations will be recited.
3. Friday, October 2 will be the first Friday. As usual, Holy Innocents will have its monthly all-night vigil starting with a votive Mass of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus at 6 PM, Vespers and Compline at 9 PM, and it will end with a votive Mass of the Immaculate Heart of Mary on Saturday morning at 5 AM.
The usual prayers, hymns, devotions, and hours of silent adoration will take place throughout the night.
4. On Saturday, October 3, 2015, the Sung Mass at 1 PM will be for the Feast of St. Therese of Lisieux.
5. On Wednesday, October 7, 2015, as we do every year, Holy Innocents will have a Solemn Mass at 6 PM for the Feast of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
This Feast commemorates the anniversary of the decisive (and magnificent) victory of the combined Christian fleet in 1571 at the Battle of Lepanto, defeating an Ottoman (Muslim) fleet off western Greece. This victory is why this Feast was formerly known as the Feast of Our Lady of Victory. It was also due to this victory that St. Pius V (of glorious memory) added the invocation “Help of Christians” to the Litany of Loreto.
6. Book Club – The new book for the Holy Innocents’ Book Club is Story of a Soul: The Autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux. The Book Club’s next meeting will take place on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 after the 6 PM Mass.
Copies of the book will be available in the parish office for $11 each.